Here's a quick way to start your breakfast the healthier way. I must admit, most of my siblings doesn't like veggies so I'm really trying to find ways to trick those picky tastebuds and making this Vegetable Fritata is a nice dish to start get in those much needed vegetables.
2 tbsps olive oil
1/3 cup white onion strips
1/3 cup carrot strips
1/3 cup sayote
3/4 cup spinach leaves (I used a couple of dashes of dried basil as substitute)
1 1/4 cup potato strings
8 pcs eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water in a stockpot. Blanch potato strings, carrots, sayote and spinach.
2. Remove from the stockpot and submerge briefly in cold water. Drain and let it cool for 1 minute.
3. Preheat non stick pan with olive oil for 2 minutes.
4. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add in vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture into a preheated pan. Cover and let it cook for about 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through.
6. Slice the fritata into 12 equal portions. Garnish with parsley.
*Note: I paired this Vegetable Fritata with Corned Beef as bonus to the picky eaters :)