Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recipe: Eggs Benedict

This morning, I woke up at exactly 4am just to prepare breakfast for my younger brothers and sisters, one is leaving at 5:30am, thus the early wake up call. I have always wondered what could an Eggs Benedict taste like especially the Hollandaise sauce. I'm not American so this recipe is something new to me. I got interested to try this  classic American breakfast dish but with a simple twist - instead of English Muffins, I used hash browns! Yup we Pinoys still wanted those carbs, great substitute for rice. 
Eggs Benedict
Anyway here goes my Eggs Benedict Recipe good for 8 servings.

Ingredients
8 pcs of Ready to cook Hash Browns
8 pcs Ham
8 Eggs to poach

for the Hollandaise Sauce:
3 yolks
125 grams of butter (melted and hot)
1 tbsp lemon juice (I used kalamansi as a substitute)

Procedure:
1. Cook the hash browns in deep fry.
2. On a separate pan, fry the hams
3. Poach the eggs one at a time. (Click here to watch how Master Chef Whitney Miller cooked her poached eggs)

to make the Hollandaise Sauce:
1. Place egg yolks in a blender and blend it for 10 seconds.
2. With motor running pour hot and bubbling butter in slow stream onto egg.
3. Add lemon juice; process for another 30 seconds or until sauce thickens. Serve immediately

To serve:
Place the ham on top of the hash brown then place the poached egg and topped with hollandaise sauce.
Eggs Benedict (hash brown version)
Piece of advice though, I realized that this meal alone is not enough substitute to our regular Filipino breakfast meal which consists of rice. My brothers were really appreciative about my early breakfast treat for them.  But then, they still wanted rice so I hurriedly made a sinangag. This ain't easy I must say, as I have to cook really fast! Talking about Monday morning rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...