If you've been reading my blog, you know by now that one of my favorite fish to cook is cream dory. If you're looking for this kind of fish in supermarkets, you may also look for frozen packs labeled Pangasius fillets. It's just the same. This particular recipe I'm going to share was born out of an experiment. I've been thinking of other cream dory recipes that's suited with some left over mushrooms sitting inside our ref. I thought of using the mushroom as a topping and added fried garlic to give that crunch that would supplement this soft, delicate fish. So here goes my experiment :)
1 pack (3 cream dory fillets)
1 small can of mushroom, get rid of the liquid. Sliced
1 bulb of garlic, minced
salt and pepper
crushed chilli pepper (I used Yellow Cab's)
dash Datu Puti Lite Sauce
1. Pat dry the fillets and season cream dory with salt and pepper.
2. Heat pan with just a little olive oil (works best with non stick pans).
3. Fry the garlic and remove excess oil thru paper towel.
4. Fry the mushrooms until cook. Set aside.
5. Pan fry the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side under medium heat. And pour over small amount of lite sauce for added color.
6. To plate, place the fish, topped with mushroom and garlic bits as well as chilli pepper for added kick. Be careful not to put too much as crushed chilli peppers are hot enough. If you're not into something spicy, then don't add the chilli flakes.