Saturday, June 2, 2012

Recipe: San Marino's Corned Tuna Sisig

San Marino Corned Tuna Sisig

I love Sisig and have tried a lot of local versions around. I personally like pork sisig and would usually eat with hot steamed rice than a pulutan companion for beer. When dad asked me to cook a can of San Marnino, the idea of cooking a tuna sisig popped out, so I immediately sat and googled an easy recipe to make. Good thing San Marino came up with this tasty and healthy version of tuna - my dad was all praised! Thanks to this recipe...


Recipe:
1 can San Marino Corned Tuna
1 whole large white onion diced 
1 tablespoon liquid seasoning 
1 small green bell pepper diced
½ tablespoon hot sauce
Juice of 1 calamansi 
1 sliced siling labuyo 
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp vegetable oil 

PROCEDURE 
 1. Sautee San Marino Corned Tuna in very hot vegetable oil Add onions, bell peppers and siling labuyo and continue sautéing for a minute more 
2. Mix in liquid seasoning, hot sauce and calamansi juice. Place on hot plate/cast-iron skillet and top with mayonnaise. Garnish with extra chilis and 1 sliced calamasi

It's so easy. I found a sachet of Shakey's hot sauce (which we usually save during pizza sessions) and used it for this recipe. For my version though, I decided to not add the mayonnaise for my parents own good. I'll definitely cook this tuna sisig recipe again and again, next time with mayonnaise and hopefully on hot plate. 

4 comments:

  1. Good day to you. If I may ask, can I use Century Tuna as an alternative to San Marino?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I actually tried using century tuna on one occasion but I really prefer san marino as I find century a bit dry. But that's just me :) Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah.. I've tried to cook this one with my hubby and it did gave me a big plus bonus.... :D

    Looking forward for another easy recipe to cook with..

    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Sarah!
    Felt lazy cooking tonight but the only canned goods left in my cabinet is san marino corned tuna. Then had an idea, why not cooked for tuna sisig!? Googled it and your post was the one captured me.

    Result? My husband simply said, ulitin mo ulit to mommy ha?

    I thank you for sharing your recipe! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...