As an all-time Filipino dessert favorite, it's just fitting to share this Halo-Halo recipe this summer. Relax and chill everyone! Let's enjoy the summer sun :)
1 ripe large banana
2 ripe mangoes or 1 cup canned ripe mango
1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup canned ripe jackfruit
1/2 cup sweet corn or chick peas (garbanzos)
1 cup young shredded coconut, fresh or canned
1 cup cooked sweet yams or (ube halaya) glutinous purple yam, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cup shaved ice
2 cup milk
4 scoops of favorite ice cream
1/2 cup chopped peanuts or rice krispies
How to Assemble Halo-Halo
1. Peel mangoes and slice the meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Discard the seeds.
2. Prepare 4 tall glasses. Divide each ingredient into 4 equal parts.
3. In each glass place 1/4 of each ingredient, adding layer by layer starting with corn or chick peas, cooked sweet yams, jackfruit, bananas, coconut, and gelatin.
4. Top with 1/2 cup shaved ice.
Pour 1/4 cup milk over shaved ice and top with a scoop of ice cream.
5. Sprinkle nuts or rice krispies over it.
related post: Enjoy an afternoon of Buko Halo Halo