1/2 cup magnolia gold butter
1 cup chopped onions (2 medium sized)
1 cup carrots, cubed
1/2 c sliced celery (3 stalks)
2 cups cubed pumpkin/kalabasa (peeled and seeded)
1 cup cubed potatoes, peeled
8 cups chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onions, carrot and celery and cook until soft (about 10 minutes)
3. Stir in the pumpkin and potato cubes
4. Pour in chicken stock
5. Bring to a boil, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked.
7. Cool slightly and pour in a blender and blend until smooth
8. Adjust seasoning to taste.
9. Preheat to boiling just before serving. Stir constantly. Serve hot.