Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Recipe: Homemade Shrimp and Corn Soup

Homemade Shrimp and Corn Soup
Inspired to try Knorr's Crab and Corn Soup, I attempted to make my own soup version using corn and shrimp. My uncle who can also stir a delicious lomi advised me to stay away from those preservatives and easy to cook packs. One time, he made me taste their homemade version of corn soup and it I was easily turned into a convert, inspiring me more to try the much healthier twist at home.

To make, simply saute minced onions and garlic. Next add chopped shrimp until it turns into red color then add cooked corn kernels. Add corn broth, a cup of water and add salt and pepper to taste. Finally add one egg and mix. For measurements, feel free to make your own, whatever suits your taste. In fact I don't really measure most of my ingredients especially during my first try, it's just me. Anyway, it's fairly easy but probably not as tasty as that of the dried mix from Knorr. But hey, this one's got no preservatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...