There's nothing more fulfilling than finally being able to cook one of your favorite food. I have written in this blog my undying love for Batchoy. Aside from Chowking's Wanton Noodles, Batchoy is my all time favorite Noodle Soup. So with a little help from youtube, I realized how easy it's actually made. A few days ago, I decided to give it a try and fortunately my dish screamed SUCCESS!
4 and 1/4 cups water
5 cups beef broth
1 Tbsp. patis
2Tbsp. white sugar
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1/3 kilo Pork Liver, cut into strips
1/3 kilo MONTEREY PORK MEAT, strips
500g Miki noodles (fresh)
1 pack chicharon
2Tbsp. Spring Onions – chopped
2Tbsp. garlic – toasted
1. Blanch miki noodles in boiling water then set aside to drain.
2. Heat pan. Pour the oil. Add onions until wilted. Add ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add in all the meats and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the water and simmer until the meat is tender. Remove the meat and set aside.
5. Strain the liquid to remove the scum and impurities from the meat mixture. Reserve the liquid.
6. In a separate stockpot, prepare the beef broth by bringing 5 cups of water into a boil. Then add 1 beef cubes. Allow to simmer until the cubes are dissolved.
7. Combine 5 cups of broth with reserved liquid from meat stock. This will serve as the soup base. Season with salt, sugar and patis.
8. Bring the soup into a simmer.
Place Miki noodles in a bowl. Put pork meat, liver, and chicken pieces on top. Pour enough hot soup over. Garnish with crushed chicharon, spring onions and toasted garlic.