This recipe was inspired from another pasta recipe called Roast Beef Pasta and was as usual prepared according to what we have in the kitchen. With a little of bit substitution happening on this newborn recipe, I am glad I'm learning a lot from my kitchen experiences. Here goes my version of Pork Pasta in White Sauce which I find a cheaper alternative to the usual Spaghetti.
440g spaghetti pasta
1/4k ground pork
salt and pepper
1/4 cup magnolia gold butter (unsalted)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 pc. red bell pepper, diced
2 cup pork broth
1 tsp liquid seasoning
cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package direction and set aside.
2. Season the ground pork with salt and pepper and pan fry. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and then whisk in the flour making sure no lumps are formed.
4. Add in the bell pepper and cook for a minute.
5. Gradually add the pork broth then simmer until slightly thickened.
6. Add in the cooked pork together with its juices and liquid seasoning. Let simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
Pour over pork mixture over pasta. Serve hot topped with grated cheese and parsley.