Monday, July 18, 2011

Recipe: Cream Dory with Butter and Lemon

My first taste of cream dory (also called Pangasius) was during over lunch at Italianni's. I read that they're using the said fish on their Parmesan Crusted Fish Fillet. At that time, I was yearning to cook using cream dory but was having a hard time looking for one in the market so I'm always buying another fish fillet called labahita, a good alternative too I should say. But good thing it's much easier now to find frozen packets of cream dory fillets thus more reason for me to experiment with different recipes. 
Cream Dory with Lemon and Butter
Ingredients:
4 Fillets of Cream Dory
Lemon (I used 5 pieces of kalamansi as alternative)
salt and white pepper
garlic, crushed and sliced
2 eggs, beaten
Flour
Japanese Bread Crumbs
butter
cayenne pepper (optional) 

Procedure:
1. Marinate cream dory into calamansi, garlic, salt and white pepper for at least 10-15 minutes.

2. Remove calamansi seeds and garlic on the fish before covering it with flour. Dip into beaten eggs and cover lastly with breadcrumbs.  

3. Heat oil in non stick pan. Pan fry with butter until golden brown. (cooking the fish only takes about 2-3 minutes on each side, relatively faster than our usual fried fish)

4. Add cayenne pepper for added kick.
Preparing Pan Fried Cream dory
I love the smooth flakiness of this fish in contrast with the nice crunch from the breadcrumbs. I partnered this dish with our left over cheese sauce I made few days ago.  Serve hot!

9 comments:

  1. mzrap!!!!!!!!!!!try nio rin!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any fish dishes is okey for me, I still haven't eaten at Italianis, maybe this payday I'll come check their restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super loved it :) thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it okay if i use black pepper instead? would there be a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  5. black pepper's fine, I also use it sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. is it possible to prepare this in big batches, then store it in the freezer and how long do you think is the storage before it gets spoiled? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could also try baking this instead to make it even healthier.

    ReplyDelete

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...