Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Recipe: Sweet Honey Pork Adobo

Adobo is my family's all time favorite Filipino recipe. I suppose there are thousands of adobo recipes out there, as many as the number of houses in the Philippines... I mean who in the world (err, I mean Philippines) has not been captured by the simplicity yet satisfying taste of adobo? I probably have 10 variety of adobo recipes and I'm gonna share one today :)

Sweet Honey Pork Adobo
Ingredients:
1. half kilo of Pork
2. Soy Sauce
3. Vinegar
4. Pepper to taste
5. 2 tbsp of Honey (I use pure wild honey from Lake Sebu or Palawan honey)
6. I head garlic, minced
7. 1 cup of water
8. cooking oil
9. ginger
Procedure:
1. Saute garlic into oil
2. Add Pork and stir until the outer part looks cook
3. Add soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, ginger, honey and water, let it boil until the pork is nicely done

Sweet Honey Pork Adobo

3 comments:

  1. how much of vinegar, soy sauce & ginger do you need for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really depends if you want your adobo to have more sauce. I never really cook using exact measurements, but you may try putting a half cup of soy sauce and a little less about half of cup of vinegar. For ginger, you can put 2 tbsp of sliced ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im using this recipe today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...