Friday, August 9, 2013

Maguindanao Pastil


I'm currently traveling in Mindanao since last month. And while most of the locals in SOCCSKSARGEN region are Christians, I wanted to try what's like to taste a local Muslim dish. I come to know about pastil from social media sites, so when I got to see this green stall pasted with "Maguindanao Pastil" signboard, I immediately asked my relative to stop so I can buy and try one (or two).



Pastil (pronounced as patil) is a delicacy from Maguindanao. Simply described, it's a steamed rice topped with shredded adobo chicken flakes wrap with banana leaves similar to binalot in Tagalog, only the pastil is much simpler and cheaper. For only Php10 per serving, this pastil dish is a must try local delicacy.

Maguindanao Pastil

The Maguindanao Pastil House is located near Notre Dame of Tacurong. They also serve native coffee, pastil with boiled egg, bulibid, kumukunsi, suman, puto and tapay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...