The recipe I'm sharing today was inspired from Chic Mom's Club Asian Fried Chicken recipe. I made some little changes though since I don't have some of the ingredients from the original recipe and the result was still as delicious. What I learned is that brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger makes a really flavourful sauce. So here goes my version:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp minced ginger
8 chicken breast
salt and pepper
cornstarch or flour (enough to coat the chicken)
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
dash of thyme
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
2. Coat the chicken with cornstarch.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the chicken breasts. Set aside
4. In a sauce pot, boil the soy sauce, brown sugar and minced ginger for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the sugar. Let it simmer.
5. Dip the chicken into the simmering sauce one at a time and put it back again on the frying pan and cook for another minute.
6. Place the chicken on a serving dish and pour over a little sauce and sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds and thyme.