One affordable kind of fish that's very much available in the market today is galunggong or round scad in english. I decided to add a little more fun to the regular plain fried galunggong most Filipinos cook. Here goes my Galunggong with Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe:
|Galunggong with Sweet and Sour Sauce|
5 pcs of galunggong
half cut carrot, julienne
red and/or green bell pepper, sliced
garlic, crushed and diced
4 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
small can of pineapple chunks/tidbits
3/4 cup of water
1. Cover the galunggong with flour and fry until cook. Set aside.
2. In a hot pan, heat up oil and saute onions, garlic, carrots, ginger, bell pepper for about 10 minutes.
3. Add 3/4 cup of water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add pineapple, brown sugar and ketchup and dissolved cornstarch to thicken sauce. Simmer.
5. Pour sauce over fried galunggong and serve.