Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recipe: 6-Spice Fried Chicken

Inspired by the 11-Spice recipe I've watched a few days back from the newest show on Lifestyle Network's Curiosity Got the Chef on cooking the "chicken-that-shall-not-be-named" along with Arroz Caldo Risotto, I once again scoured over the kitchen pantry to see what herbs and spices are available which ultimately leads to this yet another kitchen experiment - my 6 Spice Fried Chicken.
6 Spice Fried Chicken with Garlic Rice and Saute'ed Bitter Melon 

Ingredients
1 k assorted chicken 
buttermilk
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt
pepper
Japanese bread crumbs 

Procedure:
1. Marinate the chicken into buttermilk seasoned with salt and water for about 30 minutes. This will make the chicken more tender.
2. Mix the rest of the dried ingredients and use it to coat the chicken and you're ready to fry!

I wanted to try the 11 spice version but obviously, my herbs are not complete so I have to work on what's available. But it did turned out really tasty and flavorful. I will definitely be cooking this recipe again.
my newest kitchen sidekicks :) Variation of Dried Herbs from McCormick 

4 comments:

  1. Hi i saw that episode of curiosity got the chef too. However i was not able to write down the 11 spices that are needed for the chicken, were you able to list it down? If yes kindly share it with me. I'll also try your 6 spice chicken :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I also saw this episode of curiosity got the chef. I failed to write down the 11 spices needed, were you able to do so? If yes, hope you could post the 11 spices here. I'll also try to do your version of the chicken, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, so sorry for the multiple posts. I am new to making comments. Kindly delete na lang this comment and the first one, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen. Unfortunately I wasn't able to list down all of ingredients as well. The spices I used in the above recipe were just some of the ingredients I remembered and the available spices on our pantry. I did comment on their official Facebook but wasn't able to get a reply. Oh well, seems there are a lot of us amateur home cooks wanting to get our hands on those 11 spices.

    ReplyDelete

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...