Sunday, July 10, 2011

Recipe: Cheesy Fish Fillet

During one of the cooking demo in the recent foodie event (Manila Food and Beverage Expo) I attended, I got to see up close how Chef Kat Jao of Yummy Magazine worked on this yummy dish - Cheesy Fish Fillet. I've actually cooked a couple of recipes using cream dory as the main ingredient. It's one of my fave fish fillets and they're mostly cooked pan fried. So when I saw the whole cooking process, I said to myself, "Geez, this is so easy to make!" And having tasted Chef Kat's dish, I couldn't get over it. So with a copy of the said recipe at hand, it was the dinner dish I served my family the following day and boy they loved it!
Cheesy Fish Fillet
Here's the said recipe courtesy of Yummy Magazine:


Ingredients:
2 pcs cream dory fish fillet, (cut into 3x1 1/2 inch pieces
salt and pepper
2 tbsp oil for frying pan
paprika for sprinkling (optional)

Cheese Sauce:
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup grated quickmelt cheese
2 tbsp cheese spread

1. Clean fish and pat dry. Season well with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Make the cheese sauce: Heat pan and add flour, toast for 2-3 minutes then add butter. When sizzling, slowly add in milk and water while whisking continuously. Add grated cheese and cheese spread. Whisk until smooth. Turn off heat and keep warm
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Fry fish fillets for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked.
4. Arrange cooked fish in a container over rice and top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle paprika if desired.

(Tip: You can also gratinate this in the oven before serving, to give color and at the same time a more intense flavor)

1 comment:

  1. hmmm nom nom fish fillet is one of my best dishes.. and i like fish meat :)

    ReplyDelete

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...