Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pinoy Tapsilog

If you're a foreign tourist wanting to know what authentic breakfast in the Philippines is like, try having Tapsilog. Tapsilog is a famous Filipino term used when tapa, sinangag and itlog is combined into one meal usually served during breakfast.  Tapa is refered to as the dried beef, sinangang is a day old rice cooked fried in a wok with garlic while itlog is Tagalog word for egg.

Homecooked Tapsilog
I fell in love with tapsilog when I was in highschool. I was one of those students who had to budget my humble allowance and I see the dish as a great value for money. I remember paying a measly P25 for a complete set of meal. What I also love about this Filipino dish is you can find it anywhere, from the side streets to high end restaurants.
Tapsilog with coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...