Monday, June 27, 2011

Going Japanese at Rai Rai Ken

Rairaiken is well-known for its old-fashioned steamy bowl of ramen and tag as “Japan’s Famous Ramen!”  – Thus, a unique process of preparing the Broth soup and Proprietary recipe of Sauces and Freshly-made Noodles that makes every bowlful of Ramen a heartwarming experience! - http://www.rairaiken.com.ph

Rai Rai Ken's California Maki
I'm not really much of a fan of Japanese cuisine but since I wanted to try something new I encourage dad to eat at Philippines most popular Ramen House and Sushi Bar, Rai Rai Ken in SM Sta. Rosa. Little did I know that the restaurant is actually owned by a Filipino family (owner has the same name as that of my brother's).


Rai rai Ken Menu


We ordered Gyoza (Japanese pork dumplings) priced at Php110 for 6pcs, Gomoku Ramen (mixed seafoods) at Php190 and Mabo Ramen (Php170), California Maki (Php155), Green Tea and Red Ice Tea. I wasn't able to taste the Mabo but I love the taste of Gomoku. Japanese Ramen is indeed delicious! :) 
Rai Rai Ken: Gomoku Ramen
Gyoza
There weren't much customers when we went there, Mom even thought people are still scared of the radiation issue in Japan. One thing's for sure though, I NEED TO BRUSH UP ON MY CHOPSTICK SKILLS!

2 comments:

  1. Gyoza is my favorite :) I spent a year in Japan, and friends tell me that dumplings originated from the Chinese kitchen. I don't really care... I love dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dumplings too! But honestly, I'd have to stick with the plain simple siomai and sharks fin. I guess I'm still not used to eating Japanese food. Gyoza is fine but I appreciated their ramen more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...