We Filipinos love preparing spaghetti during special events. This Noche Buena, mom prepared for us her best tasting recipe, the dish that has captured many hearts and tastebuds of her children, relatives and friends. For many years, her famous Baked Spaghetti has been the star of our Noche Buena :) And since it's the season of giving, dear fellow home chef wannabes, let me share with you my Mom's Baked Spaghetti Recipe!
1 k pasta spaghetti
1 k ground round
3 head garlic, chopped
3 head onion, diced
3 tbsp flour, dissolved with water
1 tsp salt
1 kg tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 whole butter
2 tall cans evaporated milk
500g quickmelt cheese
|Red Sauce for Baked Spaghetti|
|White Sauce for Baked Spaghetti|
1. Cook pasta (Tip: Don't overcook!)
1. Saute ground round in garlic and onion. Drain the excess fat.
2. Season with salt.
3. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste
4. Set aside
1. Melt butter under low heat
2. Add evaporated milk
3. Pour dissolved flour to thicken the sauce
4. Set aside
How to layer
1. In a baking dish, layer the pasta, then red sauce, white sauce and then the grated cheese
2. Follow the sequence of first layer to do the second layer.
Bake for 25 minutes in 300 degrees F covered with thin foil. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until topped cheese has turned into golden brown.