Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Eating Sugarcane

I first tasted sugarcane when I was really young. When we travelled back to the province and a distant relative handed me a stick like food and told me I can eat it. I can see sticks of sugarcane all over the place and I saw mom and my aunts munching several of them. It was something unfamiliar to me at that time and I was quite hesitant. I tried it anyway.
Sugarcane is considered a grass. Native to warm temperate to tropical regions of Asia, they have stout, jointed, fibrous stalks that are rich in sugar, and measure two to six meters (six to nineteen feet) tall.

Yesterday, we finally tried the sugarcane planted in the backyard. The taste reminded me of that when I had my first bite several years ago. But the sugarcane then tastes a lot sweeter, I guess it also depends on where it is being cultivated.

sugarcane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more free easy recipes and yummy food thoughts here at Cook this Recipe. Please don't forget to subscribe below. It's Free!
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...