1/4 c pork, cooked and sliced thinly
1/4 c shrimps, deveined and split at the back
1/2 c onion, sliced
3/4 c carrots, sliced thinly
3/4 c green pepper, sliced thinly
1 c cabbage or pechay, sliced
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/7 tsp white pepper
2 tsp cornstarch
1 c pork stock
1. Cut all vegetables evenly and same sizes
2. Heat fat, add pork fat, if there is available. Render off fat.
3. Saute onion, shrimps ad pork. Set aside.
4. Saute rest of the ingredients, starting with the carrot, pepper and cabbage, cook until just done; add back sauteed ingredients and add soy sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Add cornstarch dispersed in pork stock, cook until thick
6. Serve immediately.
To make party Chop Suey:
Add to the above recipe during sauteeing baby corn, cooked quail eggs, thinly sliced chicken gizzard, chicken liver, Chinese sausage and Chinese dried mushroom, which should be soaked in water before using.